.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Nature, Nurture and My Life

As I reflect fanny on the past 24 years of my sprightliness, I admiration what has governd my life the most. That leads me to question some(prenominal) of the biggest factors in my life and view whether they were factors of spirit or Nurture. The Nature vs. Nurture debate is on that dates back well beyond my 25 years of life, and in my opinion there is no true answer to this debate, scarcely if I am erect curious how my life has been wedge by the two.\nNature is specify as that which is inherited, contagiouss (McLeod 2002). Those would be characteristics that argon inherited by dint of the genes, for example; eye color, genetic disorders, and skin pigmentation. Other animal(prenominal) characteristics, if not determined, appear to be at least potently influenced by the genetic yield of our biological p arents (McLeod 2002). Those who adopt an utmost(prenominal) heredity position are known as nativists. Their basic assumption is that the characteristics of the human species as a whole are a product of ontogenesis and that individual differences are due(p) to each persons unique genetic code. In general, the earlier a specific ability appears, the more probable it is to be under the influence of genetic factors (McLeod 2002). In congenator to my life, factors that would be classified as nature are, being African American, and having a larger be frame (thick). Growing up in the Suburbs of St Louis, I waste found myself surrounded by many different races, and the ancient race being Caucasian. That has caused me to be stereotyped most of my life due to something that is completely off of my control. Both my parents are African American, so genetically my only option for race was African American. Knowing that as presently as someone sees me they would look at formed an opinion of me makes me collect to worry about my carnal appearance more. Things such as piercings, tattoos, hairstyles, and clothing have to be thought over onward any decisions are make because they will add to the stereotypes because of...

No comments:

Post a Comment