.

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Life is a Smorgasbord Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 words

Life is a Smorgasbord - Essay Example After the dinner, the family went home for a surprise birthday party. As the family left the restaurant, he felt overfed and the idea of making choices in life dawned on him. Making appropriate choices in life create the difference between people who enjoy life and those who have no enjoyment for life. Life is full of choices. Every day we are presented with an opportunity to make a choice. Choices are an important part of a person’s life, however the agency and the degree of importance attached to choices determines the nature of the choice to be made (Lewis 296). The decisions we make in the present determines our feature and therefore it is necessary to make appropriate decisions. Appropriate decisions will therefore involve choosing thing that fit our lives. Due to the importance of making of choices, I always make choices with consideration of the future. The present is important however, the future is more important in our lives since we are capable of deciding it or shaping it. In any choice that I make in life, I always consider its implication on my future life. In this consideration, I make choices that have a positive implication on my future life. Such decision can be based on long-term or short-term goal. Every choice has an opportunity cost attached. Opportunity cost is the value or benefit that I could have obtained if I chose the second best alternative on my list of choices. The notion of opportunity cost has been an important tool in my decision-making. Using this tool, I am able to evaluate the value of choices presented to me by life. Opportunity cost enables me to evaluate the opportunity cost of a particular combination of choices in the presented list. The idea behind making of choices is to determine the best value and to minimize any possibility of lose of value. A good choice will therefore be the choice with the lowest opportunity cost in the presented list of

No comments:

Post a Comment